Tracking User Guide
With the Multi-Carrier app for Salesforce you are able to create shipments with over 70 carriers.
Shipment Tracking Fields
The Zenkraft shipment object includes the following tracking fields. Providing you have setup scheduled tracking, these will update automatically:
- Tracking Stage - the values are picked up, in transit, delivered, exception and out for delivery. These are standardized across all carriers so if you need to write process builder tasks or workflow rules we recommend using this field.
- Delivered - this checkbox gets set to true once the shipment has been delivered successfully.
- Status Description - this is the description the carrier sends back from the track request. This is free text and usually gives a fuller description of the stage of the shipment. The carriers update their descriptions frequently so we don't hold a list of all possible values.
- Actual Delivery Date - the date that the shipment was delivered
- Last Track Update Time - the last time that this shipment was tracked by either the automated process or by a user.
- Signed For By - if the shipment requires a signature then the name of the signor is saved here.
- Estimated Delivery Date - whilst the shipment is in transit, if the carrier has an estimated delivery date then this will be updated.
- Estimated Delivery Time - whilst the shipment is in transit, if the carrier has an estimated delivery date then this will be updated.
- Delivery Instructions - if the shipment was created with delivery instructions these will be saved here.
- Delivery Day of the Week - MON-FRI values for when the shipment was delivered.
- Delivery Transit Time - The amount of time taken for the shipment to be delivered.
- Ship date - the date the shipment was set to be shipped.
Our tracking tool is only as powerful as your Salesforce org. Please check and calculate the limitations of your Salesforce org before turning on the automated tracking function.
You need to consider how many shipments will be in transit at any point, keeping in mind that shipments with longer delivery time stay in transit for a longer period.
It is also important to remember, that shipment tracking data is managed by the carriers. Before enabling scheduled tracking please ensure that the carrier has confirmed they can provide regular and frequent tracking updates.
Zenkraft standardizes the tracking stages across all 70 carriers we support. These are standardized into the following 5 stages:
- Picked Up
- In Transit
- Out for Delivery
A description and example of each stage is listed below:
|Picked Up||The shipment has been picked up and scanned by the driver||Picked up|
|In Transit||The shipment is in transit through the carriers delivery network||At FedEx origin facility|
|Exception||There has been a delay / issue with the shipment||Customer not available or business closed|
|Out for Delivery||The shipment is due for delivery today||On FedEx vehicle for delivery|
|Delivered||The shipment has been delivered||Delivered|