Ascent Shipping Integration
Zenrkaft integrate with Ascent ERP, 100% native Enterprise Resource Planning (ERP) solution on the Salesforce platform. Ascent specialize in Inventory Management, Order Management, Warehouse Mobility, and Reverse Logistics (Return Management).
Installation and Configuration
- Install connector by contacting your Ascent Account Executive and/or Engagement Manager.
- Create Preferences record
- Go to Setup > Custom Settings Ascent Integration setting and check the box to Use Shipment Tracker
- To validate that it's working, click New Shipment on the related list under a Sales Order. The recipient info should be filled out. Select a packaging type and service type, enter 1 lb and 1 usd, click calculate rates, then click create label.
- Add Shipping Cost and Shipping Charged to the Sales Order page layout
- Create a Process Builder process on the Shipment record - when created or edited to update the Shipping Cost on the Sales Order record and/or the Shipping Charge (if billing the customer)
- If you do cancel shipments, consider a second PB to zero it out when Shipment is cancelled. Note: when testing, be sure to cancel shipments to avoid charges to account
Choose an object to integrate shipping with
There are two objects that you could potentially integrate with:
- Sales Order
- Sales Order Line
In this tutorial we will integrate with Ascent’s Ship / Invoice object.
Use Formula fields to bring contact data onto the Ascent Object
Follow the steps below to add Formula Fields to Ascent’s Ship / Invoice record:
- Go to Setup | Create | Objects
- Click on the Ascent Ship / Invoice object
- Scroll down to Custom Fields & Relationships and click New
- Choose a Formula
- Enter an easily identifiable name e.g. ‘RecipientFirstName’ and choose text, click Next
- Change the formula type to an Advanced Formula
- Click Insert Field and select the formula as follows:
- Click Next
- Uncheck all values because you do not want the formula field on the Ship / Invoice page layout
- Click Save & New
Now repeat the steps above for the following additional fields:
- Ship To Recipient Name
- Ship To Recipient Phone
- Ship To Recipient Street
- Ship To Recipient City
- Ship To Recipient State
- Ship To Recipient Postal Code
- Ship To Recipient Country
Create a Custom Address Source based on your Formula Fields
You can now use our Custom Address Source functionality to map your new formula fields to the fields in our shipping wizard.
Follow the Custom Address Source tutorials to finish the integration:
Now it is time for you to test.
If you have any queries then please contact us and we will be happy to help