Note: You will need recent UPS Invoice in order to create a UPS Preference.
Before you can ship a package through the Multi Carrier app, you must define a Preference, which will store your UPS account number. If you have more than one UPS account number, you must create a Preference for each. Also, if you have multiple shipping addresses tied to the same UPS account number, you must create a different Preference for each shipping address. You cannot create two Preferences with the exact same shipping address, instead you will need to alter the shipping address slightly in order to save both (i.e. 123 Main St vs. 123 Main Street).
Note: Any discounts associated with your UPS account number will be reflected in your shipping rates.
Follow these steps to create a Shipmate Preference:
1. Click on the Shipmate Preferences tab, then click New Shipmate Preference
2. Complete each section of the form:
Note: The Shipping Address and Billing Address are pre-loaded with the address defined in the Company Information (Setup | Company Profile | Company Information).
UPS Account Number
- Company Name
- Company URL
- Primary Contact Information
- Address Information
Default Sender Details
- Sender Name Default – the default sender name for all shipments created
- Sender Email Default – the default sender email for all shipments created
- Phone Default – the default sender phone for all shipments created
Email Label Defaults
- Email Label Sender Display Name Default – the default sender display name when sending shipping labels via email
- Email Label Reply-To Email Default – the default reply-to email address when sending shipping labels via email
- Email Label Subject Line Default – the default email subject line when sending shipping labels via email
- Email Label Text Body Default – the default email body when sending shipping labels via email
- Label Image Type Default – the default image type for all shipping labels
- Email Message Default – the default message for UPS email notifications
- Send Email Notification to Shipper
- Send Email Notification to Recipient
- Send Email Notification on Exception – notifies when and why a shipment will not meet its original scheduled delivery date, and provides a rescheduled date of delivery
- Send Email Notification on Delivery – notifies you of the delivery of a shipment
- Detailed View – Shipmate Preference List
- Detailed View – Reuse Package List
SurePost and Mail Innovations
If you have SurePost and Mail Innovations enabled on your USP account, be sure to enable them on your preference:
Make sure you select "Auto Weigh Package" for scales to show up on the wizard.
3. Invoice Details for Negotiated Rates
Note: If your UPS account has never been shipped on this step is optional. If you've shipped on your account this step is required.
In order to enable your UPS® Account Based Rates (ABR) a further level of authentication is required. Please complete the information below from a UPS® Shipping Invoice that is less than 1 month old. ABR will be applied to your account within 24-48 hours of activation.
- These are the fields that need to be filled in:
4. Read and agree to the License Agreement, then click Save
Note: Preferences that you create will appear in Section 1 of the Wizard: Preference and Shipment Type.
Once you have set up your UPS preference, you can then turn on Demo Mode to make sure that you don't get charged for any shipments.
Follow these 5 steps to turn on Demo mode.
1. Navigate to Setup | Develop | Custom Settings
2. Click Shipmate General Settings
3. Click Manage
4. Click New
5. Provide a Name and check Run Demo Mode