Custom Address Source
Custom Object support allows you to ship from any object that has address fields. After you have installed and configured Shipmate, you can set up your Custom Object integration as follows:
The images below describe an example on how you can use this technique to ship to the Case object.
1. Add Lookup Field to Shipment Object
To allow your custom object to be used as an address source in Shipmate, you must create a Lookup Relationship to the Multi-carrier Shipment object. This allows your custom object to be associated to the Multi-carrier Shipment records and to have a Multi-carrier Shipments related list on your custom object. The following steps detail this process.
- Go to Setup | Create | Objects
- Under the Label column, click Shipment
- Under the Custom Fields & Relationships section, click New
- Select Lookup Relationship as the Data Type, and click Next. Shown in Figure 1.
- For the Related To value, select the object you want to use as a custom address source, and click Next. Shown in Figure 2.
- Enter in a value for Field Name, and click Next
- Continue to click Next until you reach Step 6 of the New Relationship wizard
- Click Save to complete the New Relationship wizard
Figure 1: Adding Lookup from Shipment Object.
Figure 2: Select the Object you want to ship to. In this example, we’ll select the Case object.
2. Create the Custom Address Source Record
- To connect the standard/custom object as an address source, a Custom Address Source record must be created. The following steps detail this process.
- Go to the Custom Address Sources tab.
- Click on New Custom Address Source.
- Enter in a value for Custom Address Source Name
- For Shipment Object Lookup Field, select the Lookup field that was added to the Shipment object in part 1.
- For the values under the Recipient Address Fields section you can either select a custom field on your object, or use the field selector to navigate to the field needed as you can see below.
Note: Field selector. You are able to go 3 levels from your starting standard/custom object. Any related object will have a ">" that once clicked will allow you to select that related objects fields and relationships. Once you have navigated to the correct field click on INSERT to set that field
- Populate the Recipient Address Fields, as a minimum.
- Once all fields are assigned under Recipient Address Fields, click Save.
- Test the Custom Address Source by going to your standard/custom object and click on the New Shipment button.
- You should then see all the prepopulated fields in the wizard as shown
- Some carriers have extra fields that you want to map. For example FedEx/UPS Freight need a Freight Class. You can add these by clicking the following button
Then you can search for a specific field:
- Click save.