Furniture Retailer Saves $330,000 & Increases Revenue
How one retailer will save $330,000 in licensing fees and increased revenue by switching to a native Post-Purchase vendor
Zenkraft recently engaged with a customer moving from a non-native provider of post-purchase solutions and Estimiated Delivery Date "EDD" data. Their primary goal wasn’t actually to save money on licensing and increase revenue, it was to give them more control over the post-purchase experience as part of their upgrade from SiteGenesis to SFRA.
- The retailer used Salesforce Commerce Cloud and Oracle Responsys as their email marketing tool. Responsys was partially integrated with Commerce Cloud but didn’t allow shipment tracking emails.
- Each time the retailer made a change to their site menu, or made changes to their header e.g. for holiday season, their third party tracking system became out-of-sync.
- Each time they wanted to change their tracking page, they incurred a costly professional services fee to make the change.
- The tracking page was hosted on a subdomain of the vendors site. Often consumers got confused as to why they were being sent to a different domain.
- The retailer installed the Zenkraft Cartridge into their sandbox to test out before committing to purchase.
- The Zenkraft solution supports SiteGenesis and SFRA so they were able to test the solution even before they migrated to SFRA.
- The Zenkraft solution is built in ISML (the standard markup language) which their SFCC developers are familiar with.
- Zenkraft is certified with the major carriers giving the retailer confidence on how stable the solution was.
- The Commerce Cloud developers were much happier - they were now in control of their tracking page and could make changes 3x faster.
- Marketing was much happier because they could use Content Slots to experiment with Einstein recommendations and other promotions on the tracking page.
- The CFO was happier because he got a 75% haircut on his annual spend on post-purchase.
- The security team was much happier because Zenkraft is not a subprocessor of the shipping data and there is one less vendor handling their PII data.
- The retailer also saw an uplift in revenue generated from the tracking page due to Einstein Recommendations vs. static images which are often not relevant to the purchase.
- In 2020 the retailer plans to roll out the Zenkraft solution in Europe with carriers DPD, Royal Mail and La Poste.
- In 2021 the retailer plans to roll out in Asia with Sagawa in Japan, SF Express in China and Startrack in Australia.