Each package now has its own tracking fields. This was to allow multi package shipments to be tracked individually, as there were times when a multi package shipment had 1 damaged package, but it wasn’t possible to identify that there had been an issue. Now users can write a process builder task on the damaged field to receive notifications of issues.
UPS Hazardous Materials Support
You can now send your dangerous goods and hazardous material shipment from within Salesforce.
The Shipment object that is included with Field Service Lightning is a great way to track Product Transfers between warehouse locations. Wouldn’t it be great if when you created a shipment object in Field Service Lightning, the shipment was actually booked with the carrier and tracking data automatically updated every hour in Salesforce? With Zenkraft, it’s simple – and takes about 15 minutes to setup.
2. Create your shipping preference (if you want to just test this out, use this FedEx test account)
3. Create a lookup field from the Multi-Carrier Shipment object (zkmulti__MCShipment__c) to the Shipment Field Service Lightning object
4. Create a Custom Address Source following the guide here: https://zenkraft.com/docs/multi/custom-address-source
1.We use the “Ship From” and “Ship To” fields on the Shipment object to map the sender/recipient data:
2. For service type e.g. “ground”, “priority”, “express” we created a select list similar to that on the Return Order object called “Shipment Type” and mapped the options to UPS service types e.g. “Standard” = “UPS Ground”:
3. We mapped the remaining fields in the Custom Address source and saved it, noting the Salesforce ID.
4. Finally, we had to setup a Process Builder to auto-create the Zenkraft Shipment (and book it with the carrier) once a Shipment object was created. The Custom address Source ID and the Shipment ID are passed in as parameters:
5. Activate the Process Builder and create a Shipment to test. You should see a Zenkraft Shipment booked with the carrier with a tracking number, cost data and shipping label
as an attachment. If you need to debug the process builder task go to setup> apex jobs.
6. Lastly, you should create a second process builder to move some of the important shipping fields from the Zenkraft Shipment object back onto the Field Service Lightning Shipment object. Fields include: tracking number, shipment cost, estimated delivery date and real delivery date:
If you’re having issues getting setup. Please contact us.
Zenkraft Multi-Carrier now supports bulk shipping out of the box. With 5 minutes of setup you can be mass shipping to any object in Salesforce. Follow the steps in the video below to start bulk shipping.